Dr. Shan Sivendra is the Director of Medicine for the Back and Body Medical group in Midtown Manhattan.
- He has been practicing in the New York Metro Area since 1995.
- Dr. Shan Sivendra is the Director of Medicine for the Back and Body Medical group in Midtown Manhattan and has been practicing in the New York Metro Area since 1995.
- He is the Director of House Physicians at St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, New Jersey and is working towards a certification in acupuncture.
- In 2007, he was certified to perform manipulation under anesthesia by the American Academy of Manual and Physical Medicine. He opened a second office, the Back and Body Medical group, in Midtown Manhattan.
- Dr. Sivendra was licensed as a physician in 1989. From 1999–2002, he was attending physician at St. Barnabas Medical Center, St. Mary’s Hospital, and Passaic General Hospital, at the same time working as an internist at a multidisciplinary medical group.
- In 2002 Dr. Sivendra joined a Pain Management Group and worked there until he opened his own office in Hackensack, NJ in August 2004, providing physical therapy and chiropractic care to treat patients suffering from acute and chronic pain.
- He moved to New York in 1993 and was licensed to practice medicine in the US in August, 1994.
- Dr. Sivendra began his residency in Internal Medicine at United Hospital (affiliated with University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey), and completed it in June 1999 at Saint Barnabas Medical Center (affiliated with Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York), receiving the Resident Research Award in 1996, 1997 and 1998.
- Dr. Sivendra maintained a successful private practice in Great Britain for four years.